Search This Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Review: Wet n Wild Natural Blend Lip Shimmer

104 (Berry) and 105 (Maple)

 Retail Price: $1.99
.11 oz/3.2 g each

Approved by the Natural Products Association, Wet n Wild claims that these lip shimmers will keep your lips moisturized and nourished with natural ingredients!
  
Do these tinted lip balm like products live up to their claims?


Flash

No Flash





















104 Berry (Left) and 105 Maple (Right) 


No Flash
Flash
 Swatches of WnW Natural Blend Lip Shimmer: 

104 Berry (Left Swatch) and 
105 Maple (Right Swatch)




104 Berry
A beautiful berry shade leaning more on the pink side

105 Maple
A soft red with wearable orange undertones

I'm not the biggest fan of lip products with shimmer.  Shimmer can danger on becoming too frosty, so I usually try to steer clear of these kinds of cosmetics, especially ones that specifically say "shimmer" on the tube.  However, because I'm a fanatic of lip balms, especially tinted lip balms, I had to pick up two of these up and honestly, I'm glad I did.

An affordable $1.99 a piece, these products are packed with a pigmented punch of golden shimmer that don't look unpresentable on the lips.  They give the lips a beautiful sheen and provides a soothing moisture that Wet n Wild claims the products to have.

There is a minty taste to these, so heads up to those who don't like scented/minty products.  I have no issues with the twist up packaging.  The tubes are sturdy, and I'm not worried about breakage when tossing these guys into my purse.

I find both shades to be very wearable for everyday.  They won't last for hours on the lips due to their balmy texture, but I don't mind reapplying.  Maple is my favorite of the two; I can't resist lip colors with hints of orange.

My only gripe is that the shade names are not listed at the bottom of the tube, only the numbers (104 and 105).  To find the shade names, you must check the Wet n Wild site.

There are a total of nine shades available, and at such an inexpensive price, I don't see why you shouldn't pick up a shade or two!

No comments:

Post a Comment