Search This Blog

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Throwback Thursday: Glee Lip Balm

For my first "Throwback Thursday" post, I'm going to share with you a lovely lip balm that I got for Christmas one year by my mom. I kind of just chuckled, because my mom seemed to be convinced that my favorite show in the entire world was Glee (probably not my most favorite show ever but an amazing show to watch nonetheless); I was a fanatic of lip balms though, so I decided to use them. What I didn't know was that they would end up being one of the most amazing things in my teenage childhood.


Glee Lip Balm in Sugar Plum
My mom bought a five pack of these clear lip balms at Claire's. They no longer sell them there; it has been ages, but I have seen them on this website.  I'm tempted to rebuy them, but I don't know...I'd feel 100x more desperate than I already am...and I'm pretty desperate. ;) They're cheap, from what I remember, mineral oil was one of the top ingredients, but I was addicted.  The flavors tasted amazing.  There has been no other lip balm that I have met with as amazing tastes as these. I'm not even a person to condone tasting lip balms, but uggghh, I pondered what it would be like if I actually ate some of it.

  The feeling of the balm was slick, something that I really love in lip products (the waxy feeling of a lip balm isn't my cup of tea as much).  I know the slick feeling isn't as long-lasting, but who cares...I could just lather this up on my lips over-and-over again. Some of the flavors were Cherry, Tangerine, and the one above is in Sugar Plum, and they came with adorable captions like "Don't Stop Believing" and "Super Gleek."  I was OBSESSED with the shade that said "Preppy Chic."  I don't even remember the flavor, but it tasted like sweet shave ice on a hot day...*drools.  

The one I'm showing you isn't even mine. I happened to use the rest of the four up (I'm kind of a lip balm hoarder...but I actually do finish balms up...my lips like to drown themselves in awesome flavors).  I gave one to my sister because I wanted her to share the love of this. I don't think she really cared for it, hence there being so much product left.

But these were amazingness in a tube for me.  And Glee is an amazing show that I still watch today.  The entire cast seems like amazing people, very close-knit and dependent on each other, especially recently in the loss of their beloved friend Cory.  My heart goes out to the cast, and I hope they stay strong in this tragedy. <3 <3 <3

But on a happier note, what about you guys?  Have any amazing things from your childhood for Throwback Thursday?

No comments:

Post a Comment